When I started making miniatures, my method of learning was "Trial and Error". I haven't stopped using it, but at least now, I make fewer mistakes, to the point of being unusual to be stuck with a scene or a problem long.
But the scene that I bring you today has given me a lot of headaches. I give it up several times and finally I have finished it successfully this month.
For the lateral walls and the floor I used three MDF boards. Then, I applied plastic filler filler crack putty with a bricks template.
For the inclined wall, which has a window I used foam board 1 cm thick.
As the cardboard bend if it gets in contact with something wet, I applied filler crack putty with the bricks template on a watercolor paper with the accurate measurement of the wall to stick to it later.
For the putty not to crumble, I applied a couple of coats of Alkil ( lastic varnish) and then I painted with reddish colors.
I show you here some variations of the room, result of doubts, because although the structure was clear and I wanted to do a small study with a sloping roof, the atmosphere has given me so many headaches.
Finaly, I painted the floor white and the bricks wall pink, light pink and green, and I made a white shelf.
En la cara interior está forrado con madera de balsa y tiene un entramado de bigas.
En la cara exterior, lo he recubierto con unas falsas losas de pizarra que he utilizado en varias ocasiones y aquí podéis recordar cómo están hechas.
The roof is made with foam board and has cut the space of three skylights.
The inside surface is lined with balsa wood and has a framework of beams.
Outside, I have coated the surface with fake slate tiles, technique that I have used on several occasions, and here you can remember the process.
I put a piece of corrugated cardboard to hide the light switch. It is painted imitating uralita, and it is an element that I already used and explained in this scene.
I made the lamp using wire, some pieces of jewelry and three microLEDs
The beautiful cushions are made by Pilar Alén
I treated the wardrobe some time ago, the technique is wax decapé. If you are interested in some painting techniques for your wood furnitures you can visit this link.
I made a trumeau mirrow with balsa wood . Here you can see how to make some other mirrows.