En la parte superior de la fachada, tenía proyectado hacer un hueco donde guardar el interruptor de la luz, para ello corté y pegué a la fachada unas piezas de cartón pluma para hacer la estructura.
After designing the façade on a foamboard, I cut the openings.
I planned a space to hide the switch inside the top of the façade, so I pasted some pieces of foam board to the front to make the inside structure.
The door is made also with foamboard and lined with wood. The hinges are pieces os clothing.
Monté la estructura del diorama con tres tableros MDF ensamblados con palos de brochetas y cola.
I covered the façade and the top with wood following the previous design.
I assembled the three MDF boards with brochette sticks
To the paving stones floor, I used black air drying modeling clay.
I do not recommend this one for several reasons: first it shrinks when it is dry, also it tends to curl and it takes to much time to dry.
If you know any other good air drying modeling clay, please say to me.
Para que secara, puse papel debajo y encima pues absorbe la humedad y unas revistas encima para evitar que se ondule. Esa semana estuvo lloviendo y tardó en secar casi tres días, supongo que en pleno verano tardará infinitamente menos.
I spread the paste homogeneously with a roller on a tile, and with a rectangular mold I was marking the cobblestones without cutting the clay.
I cut out what I needed to cover the surface, but with two centimeters extra, because the clay tends to shrinks.
I put above and below two peace of papers to absorb moisture, and some magazines above to prevent curling. That week was raining and it took almost three days to dry, I guess in summer it takes infinitely less.I stuck with glue to the MDF board while it was still slightly flexible.
On the back of the facade, I hit the door hinges to the wall, I placed a transparent acetate for the window and covered it with wood and wallpaper.
I painted the wood in pale pink, sanded it with steel wool and I applied colorless wax.
Apliqué Alkil a ambas superficies y cuando hubo secado pero aún estaba mordiente, espolvoreé polvos de talco para eliminar los brillos.
To paint the wall I used various shades of acrylic paint and applied with a makeup sponge. I painted he floor black.
I applied to both surfaces acrylic varnish and when it was dry but still sticky, I sprinkle talcum powder to eliminate shine.
The shop window counter is a foam board structure covered with wood. The inside of the shop is painted in pale pink.
For the outside I opted for a yellow sunflower paint, not without fear on the other hand, because it was a fairly strident color. I applied a couple of layers and when dried, I shaded all surfaces with eye shadow and wax with bitumen. In this way the overall tone was off and more natural. Using yellow was finally a good idea.
Sobre la puerta hay otro letrero, esta vez transferí las letras y para que no se estropeen les di barniz plástico mate. Patiné y envejecí ambos letreros y los pegué en sus respectivos sitios.
To make the sign of the store, and after several tests on paper with a marker, I drew the letters on a strip of wood and then painted with acrylic.
Above the door there is another sign with transferred letters and to protect them I applied plastic matt varnish.
I added to the store door a jewelry ornament.
To illuminate the window I designed a lamp with three Microleds, wood and mirror sheets to multiply light. I made a hole in the wall to introduced the wires wich are hidden inside the façade the structure along with the switch.
Sobre una mallorquina he puesto unos marcos modernos como muestrario.
The shop is full of different cameos and ornated frames.
Outside, an easel with an engraving indicates that the store is open, and on the wall a golden lamp with a glass broken illuminates gently the scene.